Youth Placemaking, Arts, and Documentation Mentorship
This is a free program open to any self-identified Indigenous youth ages 12 and up. This is run in conjunction with Pins and Needles Fabric Company.
Participants in this 8 month program will receive mentorship with Indigenous industry professionals over 10-15 workshops to learn skills in the following streams:
- VIDEOGRAPHY: Creating mini-documentaries, where participants will learn about videography, directing, producing, script writing, story-boarding, video editing, and other related skills
- ARTS, PRINT-MAKING, AND PLACEMAKING: Creating and designing letterboxes for a placemaking project, where participants will learn about designing, placemaking, print making, and other arts skills
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Creating photo documentaries, where participants will learn about photography techniques, lighting, and how to create stories with photos
- DIGITAL MEDIA AND CODING: Creating an interactive digital map, where participants will learn coding, how to build digital media, map-making and other related skills
- PUBLISHING: Compiling art and documentation created by participants into a full colour, soft cover book, where participants will learn design, layout, and other publication related skills