The Healing of the Seven Generations is healing from the past, where the waters were not calm, the people just cried, where the children became broken and lost. Where the children were stolen from their families. Healing of the Seven Generations is a place that provides calmer waters. Life in the future is spiritual, and healing has taken place, from between the wings of the Creator above for the men, the women, the youth, and the children. Guiding our People from the past, into today, and wholehearted for the future.
- To develop and use group and individual self-help approaches to help those suffering the intergenerational effects of the residential school system, specifically the use of traditional ceremonies and teachings
- To facilitate teachings that help individuals develop greater self-acceptance and understanding of themselves as a First Peoples person
- To develop and implement therapeutic healing programs and community training sessions that would enhance existing programs and services so they are more culturally accessible
- To employ the services of respected Knowledge Keepers, Seers, and Medicine People to conduct traditional activities
- To create an increase in the number of individuals who understand the historical impacts of residential schools on self, families, community, and nation
- To assist individuals to overcome traumas in their personal lives in order to stop the cycles of abuse
- To empower the community to seek and develop ways to make a healthier community